Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Being/Doing...Doing/Being

I've been trying to wrap my mind around Randy Travis Polk and what made him such a unique individual.  It hit me in the shower this morning.  Randy perfected being Randy.  He perfected doing Randy.  He figured out the blend of doing in order to be and being in order to do for him to be the best him he could be.  Now it's my turn.  For years I've been telling people when they ask me what I do (for a living) that I am perfecting the art of being.  From now on I will say I'm perfecting the art of being Candy.

I'm not sure any of this makes any sense to anyone but me.  But to me, and I think Randy, it makes complete sense.  I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.  And neither was Randy.  It's not about being perfect.  It's about being the best you you can be - the best me I can be - the best Randy he could be.  And my friend Randy did Randy very well.

I miss him.

No comments: