Monday, January 06, 2014

2014's word

I thought is posted this already but I see I didn't. So here goes...

My word for 2014 is "move".  Anyone who knows me very well knows that this word will be a big challenge for me this year. I am more of a sitting and being person than a moving person. The word move has many meanings though and already this year, and it's only January, I've experienced some major movement.  I've already had a colonoscopy which means the day before was a major day of movement if you catch my drift. ;o)

On New Year's Day, for another example, I was at a friend's house playing games. I found myself at the far end of the table and every time I had to spin the wheel I had to get up and lean over to do so. All that movement was lost on me until my friend's daughter heard my word for 2014 and realized I had been moving more than anyone else during that game that day. She got a big kick out of that. So did I. Even when we don't necessarily want to participate in our word, God has a way of making it happen.  I love that part.

I also began a yoga class. I've never really done yoga. I've messed around with it a couple of times. Normally I'm laughing so hard I don't really get much yoga done so it will be fun to see how this turns out. But it is a form of movement and I'm excited about it.

I'm moving right on into 2014. I really am  excited about this word. I love the way God uses these things to bring us closer. Really it's inevitable. If God gives it to you it will be used in profound ways. It's a matter of opening your eyes and ears and heart to the possibilities.

Happy new year!

No comments: