Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dreams

I had a dream last week.  I know I dream all the time but I hardly ever remember them.  So when I had this dream and remembered it in such detail I knew it had some significance.  This is what I dreamed:

I dreamed I was in my parent's old neighborhood so I decided to stop by their house.  The grass in the front yard was immaculately manicured and so green it surprised me.  I walked up to the front door.  Inside I could see that the entire house was brilliantly white.  The door was open so I knocked on the screen door.  I could see a woman standing at the stove in the kitchen.  She had long dark hair and was wearing a white tank top and white shorts.  She looked around the wall, saw me and walked down the hallway.  My twin brother, Randy, came out of the hallway and over to the door.  He was wearing a white T-shirt and white pants.  He opened the door, inviting me in, and I asked him what he was doing there.  He replied, "What are you doing here?"  I told him I'd come to see about picking up my senior picture that my parents had hanging in the hallway.  At that moment my other brother, Butch, (also dressed in all white) popped around the corner.  With a Vanna White motion of his hands he said to me, "Oh!  We replaced your picture with a photo of Hubert Humphrey!"  Weird.  I know.  But it was so vivid.  The only colors in the dream were the green grass and the skin tones though I expected to see red because I knew in my senior picture I had been wearing a red dress.

So that's it.  My dream.

On Monday I met with some friends of mine, one of whom is a Master Dream Interpreter.  (It's good to have friends.)  We were sharing our hearts and I felt like I was supposed to share this dream.  I'm so glad I did.

After a time of listening, my friend said she thought my dream was about my spiritual heritage and the fact that it is more pure than I realized.  Wow.  She went on to say that my picture being replaced with Hubert Humphrey's picture indicated I had a place and position of authority and that my brothers realized that and were honoring me.  (having a Joseph moment)  She thought that the woman may have been Holy Spirit.  (COOL!)  Another friend thought it was me.  I could go either way on that one.  But it feels like she might have been my original self.  I'm still asking for clarity on that...on a lot of things.  I love this!  I'm having a whole new spiritual awakening over this thing!  I want to know more.  Oh!  And the coolest part of all!  One of my other friends was googling Hubert Humphrey while all this was going on and (smiling) she said, "Guess what his nickname was."  The Happy Warrior!  Are you kidding me?  Anyone who knows me knows I have a deep regard for happiness and joy.  Its a gift.  And I really honestly believe that laughter is a weapon.  So dadgum cool.  So God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for blogging again! i have missed you!!! know that i wrote a very long, nice comment for this post and it got deleted. booo. in short:
i have been thinking about this dream and about our conversation of always being MORE with God. i think dreaming is direct evidence that the sky is NOT our limit. helllo? our Dad created the SKY with just one word. our limits are unlimited!! and of course, i love you as the happy warrior. yep, that's you!! you have such a divine ability to pull out the joy in anyone's situation. God fills you up and you pour out. you're a heavenly fountain! also, you're a warrior of course. a true warrior. you know your part in the battle and you don't hesitate to send the devil back where he belongs. i have learned and continue to learn so much from you as you lead by example. keep splashing onto me, you fountain of joy!! love you much.
carlee