Friday, September 14, 2012

Rocks


If you know me at all, you know I love rocks.  I collect rocks.  I stack rocks.  I wet my rocks sometimes so I can see them differently.  I can't always remember why I picked up a certain rock, but when I wet it and it all comes back to me.  It's as if there's a mystery about it that comes to light when you add water.  I even smell rocks.  (If you want to know what God smells like, smell nature.)  Rocks make me happy.

Today it's raining like crazy here in Abilene.  This is exceptionally good news.  It's been so very dry and hot this summer.  But today it's raining.

It think God is wetting His rocks.


1 comment:

Helen Murray said...

Oh. I love this post! I collect rocks too. Have a particularly large collection of pebbles with smiles...
I also have a thing about pine cones.
Your post jumped out at me today. I love that God is wetting his rocks.
Thankyou.