Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year - Word Revealed

January 1, 2013.  Wow.  That seems so crazy to me.  I remember being a little girl thinking the year 2000 sounded so dreamy and far away.  Unreachable.  And here we are 13 years into it.


My word for 2012 was Hope.  That is a good word.  Hope is a good thing.  I know I gained more hope and hopefully I gave hope to others last year.  There is always hope because absolutely anything is possible.  Anything.

Every time the sun rises it feels like hope rises too.  And a brand new year - let's talk about hope!


One Monday I was at my friend Latimer's for Creative Monday.  There were 3 of us sitting at the dining room table doodling.  When we were finished we realized all 3 of us had doodled "hope".  That was very cool.  (Mine's on top)

Hope has been my constant companion all year and I am so thankful.  I fully intend for it to stay with me my whole life. I am not through with hope nor will I ever be through with it.  Old things pass away and that is a good thing - but hope never gets old - it's new every morning.




But now it's 2013 and I've asked for a whole new word.  And true to His character with me - Holy Spirit answered me quite promptly and then proceeded to keep haunting me with it until I "got" it.  My new word for 2013 is "Write".   Funny thing about it is that every time I think about it I also see "right".  So I'm going with Write/Right.  Or maybe it's write right or write about right.  We will see.  It's only day one - so much more to be peeled back and revealed.  I love the process these words put me through.  Sometimes it's profound and sometimes it's subtle and sometimes I get completely blasted.  I just love it.

So do you ask for a word too?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Who knows, I just may doodle it.  (when I'm not writing, haha!)  Wow cool things just came to mind.  Already this word is very interesting.

Happy 2013!



2 comments:

Susan said...

Mine is expand. This is my 5th year and the words have been so "right on". What an amazing God we serve.

Unknown said...

My word for awhile has been grace. You talk about the peeling back process. He is showing just how deficient I can be in being gracious to others. So I am interested to see if I finally get it this year.