Monday, July 01, 2013

What vs. Who

I've had a revelation.

I used to hide.  Hiding looked like DO-ing everything in my power to be invisible.  This included NOT speaking if I could avoid it, which I did, at all costs.  Then I was touched by God and came out of hiding and I was - wow - not hidden anymore.

When I came out of hiding I spoke, with my mouth, to lots of people.  Once at a local university during their chapel to about 1200 college students.  Once at a girls conference.  Several times at my church in different settings, classes, Wednesday nights, Sunday thoughts, etc.  It was a blast.  I got to the point where I would say I  never felt more alive than when I was in front of a crowd speaking.


Then those opportunities tapered off and lately I've been feeling like I was back in hiding because I spend so much time alone.  (Alone being a very relative term, because I know I'm never really alone.)  I've been spending time in my art studio.  It's a blast.  I really do enjoy it.  Then today as I was washing the paint off my hands I had the thought..."I feel so alive!"  It surprised me.  I thought I only felt fully alive when I was speaking.  So what was this?  

That's when I heard it.  The revelation.


It's not the what you are doing - it's the who you are being.

And I am humbled and astounded and overjoyed and, yes, more alive than ever.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You blogged! And you blogged amazingly!...when do you not? This is such a good thing to learn from, I need to think about it and apply it to my own life as well. Thank you for always teaching me, because you're always willing to learn. That's what I want to be: a life long learner! You're so great. I feel so alive when I'm with you!
Love you so!
Carlee

Lingerie sexy said...

you blogged amazingly