Saturday, March 02, 2013

The White Buffalo Christian Art Gallery

An amazing thing is happening in my life. Two of my paintings are being featured in the opening exhibit of the White Buffalo Art Gallery here in Abilene. The gallery opened last night. This was not just a grand opening-it was a huge fun incredible evening. The gallery was open, with live music on an outdoor stage, incredible food, as well as a sidewalk exhibit. I want to thank those of you who came out for helping make it such a great evening.

This is so crazy to me on so many levels. I first put a paintbrush to canvas last September so I've only been doing this since then. It's taken a lot of persuading on the part of both God and my mentors to convince me that I am indeed an artist. My whole life my twin brother Randy has been the artist in our family. And he is an artist and he's amazing. I was never encouraged in that direction by either of my parents I suppose because Randy so excelled in that area. In fact, I would go as far as saying I became invisible in any creative realm. I was the functioning person in our family. I was the one who cooked, cleaned, grocery shopped, did the laundry, kept the house going while my parents both worked. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't build up a resentment. That said, after years of inner healing work I've moved past that place of resentment into a place of creativity. And it's blowing me away! (Wow as I reread that I thought I'd written "palace of creativity" which I hadn't. But I like that! I've moved into a Palace of Creativity. That's where I live now!)

The way I go about creating these paintings is amazing to me. I don't touch the canvas until I have a clear vision from Holy Spirit as to what he wants to do. I really do feel like he chooses the colors, the form, the texture, etc. I've even watched the painting paint itself. It is beyond fascinating. It's a spiritual experience and I'm completely convinced that he's doing something in each painting. There's some part of his heart that he is revealing to me through the process. It's very humbling and precious.

So back to the gallery opening, when I walked up to the building and saw my name listed among the featured artists I was moved to tears. This is something I never dreamed I would ever see in my lifetime. I can't even say it's a dream come true because it's a dream I never dreamed. Not even 6 weeks ago. It's completely out of my realm of reasoning. It is so God. I believe I am right where he created and intended for me to be today. It feels really really good. Stop by The White Buffalo and share this miracle with me. They're open 10-6 Monday -Saturday. It's located at 2528 S. 7th, next door to the Natural Food Center. It's an incredible place you don't want to miss.









2 comments:

Sarah Cornett said...

Amazing!! Thank you for sharing

Lingerie sexy said...

Enjoy your share, thank you