Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent

I'm giving up negativity for Lent. No wait-reframing - I'm receiving more positivity into my life. Positive thinking. Positive talking. Positive conversations. Positive feelings toward others. Positive habits. Positive food. You name it, if it's positive I am taking it on. I'm going to concentrate on allowing God to bring me more fully into the concept of being a new creation. I've borrowed negativity for far too long. It's time to return it. I no longer want it to be lent out to me.

I decided to start by not receiving the ashes on my forehead today. I understand the concept of Lent - "self-examination and penitence, demonstrated by self-denial, in preparation for Easter". UGH!!! I know I'm going to die, but I believe the Father wants us to LIVE now in the full knowledge and understanding of the amazing thing that Jesus did. I want to completely get the meaning of being a new creation. And I'm not sure I always get it. I don't want to go backwards - I want to go forward into his arms.

So if, as a bunch of Christians, we go around with ashes on our heads how does that draw others to him? Before I knew Him I was covered with ashes as well as a lot of other stuff in the spirit. I don't need to be reminded of that. So why remind people of their current condition? Trust me, they know. Instead I believe we draw others in with our love and JOY! That's what the world needs now. Love. Joy. Peace. And hope that when we die we're not just dead. Hope that all of this that we see around us is not all there is.

So today in the season of Lent I am hoping to return the things that don't belong to me anymore to the cross. They belong to Jesus now. He paid full price for them. I think it makes him sad or maybe even mad when I take them back. I am a new creation because Jesus loved me enough to change everything. I intend to receive that truth daily and turn my back on the ashes that covered my life before I met him. I am a creation of joy! Yay!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.