Wednesday, July 21, 2004

On Sunday I celebrated my 48th birthday.  It was a pretty low key day.  The only thing that really stands out - okay there are two things - one was that I woke up in a beautiful place with my family and two of my dearest friends and the other is the one I want to write about.  I can't seem to get it out of my mind.  Maybe because it's been awhile since I felt His presence and even though it was very subtle and sweet, it has stayed with me as if it were a grand miracle.  I found myself on the deck of my friend Squeaky's house in the Texas hill country all alone with a cup of coffee, binoculars and God.  It was overcast and very mild with the sound of thunder echoing in the background (or was that God whispering in my ear?).  I was looking out over a pond, birds were singing, a gentle rain began to fall, squirrels scampered in the huge beautiful trees and a titmouse (which was one of my great discoveries over the weekend - not a mouse at all but a precious little pointy headed bird) was eating from the birdfeeder 3 feet away.  A doe wandered by stopping to eat and listen to the thunder.  I wonder, was it her birthday too and was God also singing to her?  It was one of those moments in time where all is still and the world and life seem perfect.  Thank you Father for the perfect birthday gift.  You.  Thank you Squeaky for making it possible.  I love you both very much. 

2 comments:

Val said...

Happy 48th. You do not look it.

bobbie said...

happy birthday candy!! teetering is what happens before you fly! fly free woman!!