Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I'm sitting here staring at a blank white space with the daunting task before me of filling it with words. It's funny, though I am an active participant in the blogging world as far as reading and commenting I've come to find that this practice of writing is eluding me. I spend the day with thoughts rampantly rolling around in my head, I even wake up with thoughts of things to write and then I come in here and instead of pulling up my blank white space I go to all of your incredibly creative blog sights and become entranced. I never seem to get back here. So, today I decided to start here and see what rolls out onto the screen. How honest will I be. How honest can I be. I know one thing. There is alot to learn about this blogging business. Like how do you people get pictures in your blog. I need to take the time to figure that one out. I got a digital camera for my birthday and I have been on a rampage with it. I've gotten some great garden shots. So, I really need to learn how to do that. But that would mean taking time away from reading all the wisdom out there. Man oh man, so little time and so much to be done. Which brings to mind one thing I've been wanting to blog about. I've twice experienced a new phenomenon for me - soaking prayer. A friend of mine has turned her home into a Soaking Center on Monday nights. People from the Body of Christ walk in her front door (no need to knock) at 7pm and for the next 3 hours their home is dedicated to the Spirit. No other program. Just soaking in Him. At first I was wary. I wasn't sure what soaking in the Spirit would look or sound like and I'm still pretty much a control freak when it comes to how I look or sound in any given situation. (I really am trying to let that go.) But for now it looks like a whole bunch of people laying on the floor with pillows - resting. And it sounds like music. And it feels like peace - heavy peace - glorious peace. It amazes me that in this busy, bustling existence one can find such peace in the living room of a friend, lying on the floor in a room full of acquaintances and strangers. And all it takes is taking the time and inviting the Spirit to come. A simple affair. Giant results. I cannot wait until Monday.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Candy - I want to hear more about this "soaking prayer" -- sounds like something I could use. I need to learn to rest in the Spirit and let myself be filled with peace and rest, rather than trying to cram more "things" in my schedule that just wear me out.

Jenni said...

p.s. I sit at a computer all day long and have to work hard to not while away the hours I should be working by exploring blog land -- you start clicking on people's thoughts, then reading comments, then you are off to find out about this person that has commented, then you are 12 blogs away reading something else that was interesting....it definitely can be addicting!

Anonymous said...

Candy - yeah, something to read from you. Soaking prayer, I love it. That is like meeting, only we are mostly silent. I totally understand why you look forward to Mondays. What else do you look forward to? Anj

Mrs.Jurskis said...

the soaking prayer sounds wonderful. absolutely wonderful.

as for posting pictures, here is how i do it - go to a site like www.zorpia.com and follow the directions to upload your pictures. once you have uploaded them and placed them in an album, click on the image to view it full-size. then, copy the http address for the full size picture.

the tag for posting pictures in in blogger basics - just paste in your web address

bobbie said...

hello by picassa was just purchased by google (ie blogger) and it's a perfectly easy, step by step program to add pictures into your blog.

i haven't finished the post, but that's a quick note on that 'how to'.

bobbie said...

here's the link:

http://www.hello.com/