Friday, September 03, 2004

Ahh, I'm back in commission. I went through a spell where my password was not accepted and I was locked out of my own blog. I could comment on others but I couldn't write in my own. Kind of disturbing. But it's been fixed. So, I'm back. I sure wish I could get this thing to do a new paragraph though. Someday I need to sit down and take the time to really learn this deal. In the weeks of silence I've had alot of thoughts cross my mind of things to write about. I'll try to work my way through some of them now that I'm able to. I'm involved in some interesting things these days. Interesting to me anyway. I'm on a committee organizing the Women's Retreat for church. I've never been involved in one of these before, having always felt rather inadequate when it came to women. But it's been a really rewarding and growing experience for me. The retreat takes place in about 3 weeks. Things are really coming together. I'm on the Prayer part of the committee. How did I get so lucky?? God is amazingly present in the details of this retreat. I see His fingerprints all over it. That's exciting for me because I know something big is going to happen there and I cannot wait to participate in His will. One thing that has been a blessing is how bathed in His words this whole process has been. And He speaks to us so clearly. I often wonder about people who say they can't hear God speaking to them. Okay, granted, maybe it's not hearing so much as knowing and having an awareness. But God is so present in my everyday. Sometimes He is Father, sometimes Mother, sometimes Spirit. I've been reading alot about the feminine aspects of God. I have a hard time referring to Him as she yet, but I may get there. There are some very overwhelming times when God has been feminine to me. I think really God is all things. God is in all things. You only have to want to see God. Spirit is all over us. All around us. I have two friends who are working a prayer room this weekend out in God's glory for a retreat for high school girls. How I envy them. I've experienced it and know how God loves to show up there. But He is here too. All over this house. I'm doing some serious rambling here. I'll stop for now and try to gather my thoughts. I am thinking of how I know so little of God, how that seems like so much compared to the past and yet how I long to know more - always more. Seeking Him in this day....

4 comments:

steph said...

Hello again Candy - good to hear your voice here again.

Love the fingerprint picture. He must love covering each of us with His fingerprints. His hand has our name inscribed on it so that must remain when He leaves His handprints. Then He breathes on us and leaves us with His breath deep inside.

He truly wraps us up in love doesn't He.

THe retreat sounds great!

Chris said...

Welcome back. The women's retreat preparations sound wonderful, thanks for the reminder of how great listening prayer can be...

Jen said...

Candy - if you decide/get motivated to post pictures in your blog, I found a really easy site to use. It also lets you keep an online photo album that others can see (if you let them). Drop me an email if you want it and I'll send you the info.

bobbie said...

hey candy, if you want some blogger help, you can email me at emergingsideways at gmail dot com and i will be glad to answer your questions. i'm no expert, but i can explain things pretty well.