Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Kerri I Knew

My friend Kerri died last night at the age of 44 leaving behind two young, precious daughters ages 6 and 9. The following blog post was written by the Kerri I knew on August 19, 2005 after she had been diagnosed with malignant melanoma:

"What He's revealed:
"Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times" Rom 12:12 TEV

"Turn my eyes away from worthless things: preserve my life according to Your Word" Psalm 119:37
-- i've asked God to purge my life - of everything that is not of Him...to show me what is not pleasing to Him...and He IS Faithful...this is what i am left with: His Word, prayer, worship, my physical and spiritual family (thank you, God) and my melanoma. And even though i don't believe He caused my melanoma, i must believe He allowed it. He trusted me with this journey...He's got a higher reason than i can comprehend...a greater purpose than i can ask or imagine...He sees 50 (even 50,000) years into the future, and i cannot guess the next 50 seconds. He is in control, i am not nor have i ever been. i trust Him with every fiber of my being. i want, above all else, to bring Him Glory with my life, and He knows best how to accomplish that. He knows each of our days' number, He made every cell of our bodies. He knows the road my daughters will travel and why; and how to haunt them with His Love until they surrender to His will.

Inviting you to enter the Joy and Freedom of the Dance...to be held in the Lord's arms, to feel His presence and touch in your life, to be embraced by the One whose love for you knows no end...i remain,
kerri"

I want to live like that.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

hopeful, prayerful, and patient..yes, I want to live like that too.

Lauren said...

Me too!!