Thursday, February 23, 2006

Kerri

Last night a light went out in our church when our sweet Kerri went home. My prayer is that our lights will overcome the space of darkness left behind and shine ever brighter for having known Kerri and her incredible spirit. Kerri was one of the most positive people I have ever known. She exuded the love of Christ and brought us all into a place of grace. She embodied the joy and peace she so often spoke of as do her girls. A friend of mine wrote this, "I praise God and am praying even as I write this. God is sovereign and I trust Him even in the loss of our sister....yet, in Christ is there ever a loss? She has simply received her eternal crown and stepped out of all pain and suffering into divine wholeness. As we surround the children with prayers for comfort and protection, our God of mercy and love will ensure that angels are sent to remain with them. My heart may break in the natural....but my spirit rejoices at her victory." I can't say it any better. But Kerri has. Her last blog entry here, will lead you right to the throne room. Please take the time to read it. I'm not sure how long it will be there.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

candy, thank you for this post this morning. I linked to Kerri's blog as quickly as possible knowing that was what I was supposed to read today. I wonder if Kerri would be surprised that soon after her death her words touched my pain...

Candy said...

Beverly - I know Kerri would not be surprised because what she wrote was God's truth and it always touches us where we need it most.