Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Missing of Them

As I prepare for our Thanksgiving celebration this year it has hit me - the missing of them. I have such great memories of family Thanksgivings. When I was really young all the aunts, uncles and cousins gathered with my grandmother. So much fun. All the cooking and laughing and eating and game playing and puzzle piecing. Big families are fun. Then there were the years away which were not as much fun - oh and the Thanksgiving from hell. (Thankfully only one I can almost remember. I won't go there. Suffice it to say I still can't see, smell or think about Southern Comfort. I've grown up I tell you.) After Geoff and I got married we began going back to my family's Thanksgiving. Again, so much fun. As the years progressed we started new traditions with "family of choice". (Love them so much!) But today I'm missing my mom, my dad, my grandma, my brothers, aunts and uncles and cousins who made family times memorable. I may be looking back with rose colored glasses but today feels tender. 

No comments: