Monday, October 15, 2007

Rainbows


Rainbows have a special meaning for me. The first time I ever told my story in our class at church God gave me a rainbow. I was totally freaking out that morning. I got up very early and had a quiet time. I was so restless that I decided to go outside. It was a misty, rainy day and there it was. I felt an instant peace that stuck with me the whole day. Ever since then I have been a rainbow lover. It seems that every time I speak or teach I receive a rainbow. I'd like to say it's happened every time but that may not be true. It has happened every time I can remember.

So, yesterday I was teaching the high school class at church. As I was getting ready to go I thought about my rainbows. It was sunny and nice out so I didn't think I'd get one that day. I even had a conversation with God about it, kind of absolving Him of the responsibility of encouraging me with a rainbow. Funny. I know. Well, I have "my pictures" as my screensaver on my computer and as I came around the corner at one point there it was - a photograph I had taken in my front yard of a rainbow over the neighborhood. I got a real kick out of that and thanked Him as we had a little laugh together.

Then I got to church and Mike was preaching on, of all things, Noah. Rainbows all over the place!! I nearly broke out laughing all through church! God is so good. He really does know each of us individually. He wants to astonish us and love on us. He wants us to notice. In fact, right now I'm listening to a song that is talking about how much He cares about us. Here are some of the lyrics:

Don't you know the Father loves you
Don't you know how much He cares
Don't you know He's thinking of you
Don't you know He sees you there

He sees right in to every part of you
He sees right in the very heart of you
He loves you like no other could
He loves you like no other would

Don't you know the Father loves you
Don't you know how much He cares
Don't you know He's thinking of you
Don't you know He sees you there

He knows the pain and hurt that you've been through
He comes to love you and to rescue you
He loves you like no other could
He loves you like no other would

Noone loves you like He loves you
Noone loves you like He loves you

Don't you know the Father loves you
Don't you know how much He cares
Don't you know He's thinking of you
Don't you know He sees you there

He's holding your heart,
Yes He's holding your heart
And He won't let go

Noone loves you like He loves you
Noone loves you like He loves you

He loves you
He loves you
He loves you


He really does love you, you know.

5 comments:

Katherine said...

I love rainbows, too. I needed to read that-I am really struggling right now, so please pray for me!!

Thank you-I love you, friend~

Kas said...

Hi Candy ~ thank you for your kind comment about my photographs on the Next Designs blog. Though I'm currently not blogging I'm still around reading everyone's stuff ~ your site is lovely and I plan to visit again soon.

Amy S. Grant said...

Candy, I have been so blessed by finding your blog and reading several of your posts. This was the "rainbow" I needed tonight. :)

Dina said...

Candy- I do love that God shows us in HIS own way, that he hears us...and whether it's by sight, or sound (hearing a message we need) its awesome!!

Bettyliu611 said...

what's the title and artist of this song?