Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Forgiveness and Reconciliation

I've been writing the last few days about Forgiveness and Reconciliation for a class I'm teaching at the West Texas Girl's Conference this Saturday. I've been pretty much consumed with it. What a great thing to allow to consume you. At one point in the class time I'm going to offer them the opportunity to accept forgiveness and also to give it, all centered around the concept of a river of forgiveness taken from the Point of Grace song, "Gather at the River". There will be rocks they can write on and buckets of water for them to dip in and watch what they've written disappear. It will take some imagination on their part. Pray hard, please. Here are some main points:

Forgiveness is an act of love. Unforgiveness is an act of unlove.
Forgiveness is not an feeling - it's a choice.
Unforgiveness builds walls. Forgiveness tears them down.
To forgive is to set the prisoner free and find the prisoner was me.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Ah, forgiveness. I could use to be at that conference learning about that subject from you. I hope and pray that it goes well.

May I have your email address? you can send it to laurieanncouch AT yahoo

Thanks much.

Amy S. Grant said...

That sounds like a wonderful lesson/experience for the girls. God's blessings on your weekend!

Anonymous said...

What power there is in forgiveness.